Sunday, October 27, 2019

30-Day Horror Movie Challenge - Favorite to watch as a child...


Tagline: The Most Fun You'll Ever Have... BEING SCARED!

Synopsis: A compendium of five short but terrifying tales contained within a single full-length feature, this film conjures scares from traditional bogeymen and portents of doom. In one story, a monster escapes from its holding cell. Another focuses on a husband (Leslie Nielsen) with a creative way of getting back at his cheating wife. Other stories concern a rural man (Stephen King) and a visitor from outer space, and a homeowner (E.G. Marshall) with huge bug problems and a boozing corpse. (Google)
This was a movie I watched over and over again when I was a kid. My parents were big Stephen King fans which meant we saw all the film adaptations in the theater. This movie had a lot of scary and a bit of funny. My favorite of the five tales by far is "The Crate." Adrienne Barbeau was so great as the obnoxious and overbearing Wilma. This quote is the ultimate: "Just tell it to call you Billie, you bitch!" My second favorite tale is "Father's Day"...."Where's my cake!!!???" How about Ed Harris in one of his early roles? That dancing! HaHaHa!!

There's a new Creepshow series on Shudder. I have not watched it yet, as I cancelled my Shudder subscription a while back. I think I'm going to resubscribe before Halloween so I can watch this. Plus, my friend has been recommending some good horror movies on there.



What was your favorite horror film to watch as a child?


 photo Cat.gif

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting our little corner of the horror universe. Your comments are appreciated.
Please note: Your comment will appear after site owner approval.

  1. yes to Creepshow! The Night Gallery was a good one too. And do you remember Friday the 13th the Series? That show scared me so much. I had a doll that looked exactly like one of the possessed dolls on the show! I love the walk down memory lane with these posts.

    https://gofita.blogspot.com/2019/10/horror-movie-challenge-your-favorite_26.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friday the 13th! I have the complete series on DVD, and I even blogged about its episode "The Inheritance" being one of the biggest reasons I haven't ever trusted dolls. You must be super brave to have a doll like that. :-)

      Delete
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf