Sunday, October 13, 2019

30-Day Horror Movie Challenge: Favorite Horror Comedy...Scream


Tagline: Someone's Taken Their Love Of Scary Movies One Step Too Far!

Synopsis: Wes Craven re-invented and revitalised the slasher-horror genre with this modern horror classic, which manages to be funny, clever and scary, as a fright-masked knife maniac stalks high-school students in middle-class suburbia. Craven is happy to provide both tension and self-parody as the body count mounts - but the victims aren't always the ones you'd expect. (Google)
I went with a sentimental favorite here. I'm a huge fan of the Scream series, especially the first movie. Even the sequels were good (except for maybe 4, but I still liked it, being a fan and all). Scream did a great job of being scary, while also adding some well-placed comic relief, courtesy of Matthew Lillard, Jamie Kennedy, Rose McGowan, and David Arquette. The story line was intriguing and it really kept me guessing. Never did I expect who the Ghost Face killer turned out to be. The thing about Scream is it's still entertaining even after seeing it many times. I'm thinking it's time again for a marathon.



What is your favorite horror comedy?

 photo Cat.gif

Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

Thanks for visiting our little corner of the horror universe. Your comments are appreciated.
Please note: Your comment will appear after site owner approval.

  1. Love this one too! And appreciate its rewatch value because the first time I was actually scared, so I didn't really catch its meta horror and comedic depth until my 2nd, 10th, 20th rewatch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also top of the list but Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil is my all-time favorite horror comedy! So many good choices, though.

    ReplyDelete
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf