Wednesday, July 5, 2023

I Read Horror Year-Round Reading Challenge - 2023 Second Quarter Check-In


Another quarter done! How are you doing on the challenge?

I'm doing the Chilling level which is 12 books in a year and I've finished seven books (currently reading #8).
I keep track of my yearly challenges over on my sister site, True Book Addict. There's a link to my 2023 challenge page in the menu above.

As I said above, I'm currently on book eight which is Dracul, Dacre Stoker & J.D. Barker, reading for the Zombies, Witches, Vampires, or Werewolves category.

I hope you're enjoying your horrific reading! Share your progress in the comments (update, links to posts/reviews, etc.).

Announcement!
I want you to help me come up with categories for the 2024 challenge! Each person who is signed up and actively participating will be able to submit one category. I will accept your category submissions when I post the quarter three check-in. Fun!

photo Cat.gif

8 comments:

Thanks for visiting our little corner of the horror universe. Your comments are appreciated.
Please note: Your comment will appear after site owner approval.

  1. I choose Spooky and I've read 5/6!
    Book by BIPOC author: Jackal by Erin E. Adams
    Title with Dead, Blood, or Bone: The Luminous Dead by Caitlin Starling
    Something by Poe: The Murders in the Rue Morgue by Edgar Allan Poe
    Folk horror: Little Darlings by Melanie Golding
    Written by a woman: Within These Wicked Walls by Lauren Blackwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great job! I'm probably going to reread The Fall of the House of Usher for my Poe selection. The miniseries drops on Netflix this fall.

      Delete
  2. I commented on your Instagram post, but just wanted to say 'well done' again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A House With Good Bones by T. Kingfisher for Title with Dead, Blood, or Bone.
    Phantoms by Dean Koontz for Winter theme or cover (takes place in a small mountain town in the winter)
    Little Eve by Catriona Ward for Folk Horror
    Gallant by V.E. Schwab for a woman author
    Don't Fear the Reaper by Stephen Graham Jones for Indigenous author
    History of Fear by Luke Dumas for Vampires theme

    I've read six so far! I've been bad at trying to keep track of reading. So thanks for the check in post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done! Yeah, I like the check--ins too. I think it helps with accountability, which I need. lol
      Phantoms! I read that over 30 years ago. Loved it. It has stayed with me even after all these years. What did you think?

      Delete
    2. I really liked it! It was old school. Also, I didn't realize there was a movie back in the late 90s with Ben Affleck and Liev Schreiber! What?! Had to watch it right after I read the book. So cheesy but cheesy in a way I got behind cuz of 90s nostalgia and all that! Did you ever see it?

      Delete
    3. Saw the movie at the theater when it first came out. My ex-husband and I had just started dating around that time and I think it was one of the first movies we saw together. I really liked it. I've actually watched it several times over the years. Just a great story.

      Delete
    4. Sorry, I'm old. Had the wrong year. We met in 1994, not 1998. We got married in 1998. But we did see it together at the theater. lol

      Delete
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf