Sunday, April 2, 2023

I Read Horror Year-Round Reading Challenge - 2023 First Quarter Check-In


The first quarter of 2023 is in the books. How did you fare? 

I'm doing the Chilling level which is 12 books in a year and I'm happy to say, I've finished three books.
  • Book by BIPOC author - My Heart is a Chainsaw, Stephen Graham Jones
  • Set in the past - The Greeen Man, Kingsley Amis
  • Folk Horror - The Loney, Andrew Michael Hurley
I keep track of my yearly challenges over on my sister site, True Book Addict. There's a link to my 2023 challenge page in the menu above.

Next up for me are The Dead Path by Stephen M. Irwin (Title with dead, blood, or bone) and Black Mouth by Ronald Malfi (black, red, or white cover). 

I hope you're enjoying your horrific reading! Share your progress in the comments (update, links to posts/reviews, etc.)...

Announcement! The Spring into Horror Readathon is going on through the month of April. You can still sign up. Full details at the Seasons of Reading blog.


photo Cat.gif

6 comments:

Thanks for visiting our little corner of the horror universe. Your comments are appreciated.
Please note: Your comment will appear after site owner approval.

  1. I'm having a great time. I've completed 2 out of the 6 needed to complete the Spooky level. I read Maplecroft by Cherie Priest and Leech by Hiron Ennes. I'm reading The Dark Between the Trees by Fiona Barnett next. I posted my update on IG, as well. https://www.instagram.com/p/CqlGGhuLRUa/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're having a great time, Marla! I have some Cherie Priest books in my library. Need to read them!

      Delete
  2. Only 1 so far!
    Written by a woman: Within These Wicked Walls by Lauren Blackwood

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing pretty good this year. Haven't made "spooky" yet, but I'm working on it. Here's what I've read so far:

    Zombies, Witches, Vampires, or Werewolves
    1. The Wolf’s Hour (Michael Gallatin #1) by Robert R. McCammon
    2. The Hunter from the Woods (Michael Gallatin #2) by Robert McCammon

    Title with Dead, Blood, or Bone
    1. Bag of Bones by Stephen King

    Folk horror
    1. Fairy Tale by Stephen King
    2. Fairie Tale by Raymond E. Feist

    Written by a woman
    1. The Beauty by Aliya Whiteley
    2. Craven Manor by Darcy Coates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great job, Gilda! Bag of Bones is one of my favorites. I've read it twice. Hoping to get to King's Fairy Tale this year too.

      Delete
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf