Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Arrow Chest Read-a-Long...The End


Yes, yes...I'm days late with this. Last week, work was just so....UGH! I had no time for reading and got majorly behind on all of my books. But I have finished this one and I am quite satisfied with the experience, I must say. I'll do a full review later over at The True Book Addict, but I just want to share some final thoughts.

Of course, the parallels still continued with Lord Bowlend becoming increasingly piggish and downright cruel. One of the things I detest from these eras in history is the terrible treatment of women. "Oh, I don't want to be married to her anymore, so I'll have her declared insane and commit her to an asylum." What an outrage! Thank goodness Daphne had someone there who cared about her. I really thought she was going to succeed with her suicide attempts. I have to say, I was very pleased with the outcome of the story. Can we allow ourselves to hope that Amos and Beth will marry? That was the impression I came away with and I honestly felt throughout that Daphne was nudging Amos toward Beth for that exact thing to take place. So, who was it at the end...Anne Boleyn's ghost or Daphne herself? I guess we have to come to the conclusion we believe to be true.

I hope you enjoyed the read-a-long! This was a perfect read for Gothic September. Please share your final thoughts in the comments and come back and leave me a link if you write a formal review of the book.

Thanks for joining me!

Photobucket


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting our little corner of the horror universe. Your comments are appreciated.
Please note: Your comment will appear after site owner approval.

  1. I also loved the book! I feel sorry that Daphne had to move soo far away, but I also feel glad that she survived and managed to escape her evil husband's wicked plans. I do believe that Amos and Beth will be together and happy.
    The book was excellent, with a spooky atmosphere that draws you straight in, Tudor parallels that make the story even more interesting and well-writtern characters. Enjoyable read!

    PS I also can't decide if in the end it was Daphne who watched Amos or Anne's ghost!!

    ReplyDelete
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf