Monday, October 10, 2011

Frightful Fall Read-a-Thon: Wrap-Up, Winners, and a Thank You


The Frightful Fall Read-a-Thon has ended. *sniffle*  I think this was the funnest read-a-thon I've hosted thus far.  Not that I got much reading done, but I just LOVE hosting.  I had so many enthusiastic participants and contributors.  I know I host seasonal read-a-thons four times a year so it's a no-brainer that I will host again next year, but I've decided to make the Frightful Fall Read-a-Thon an annual event.  However, to match the hashtag we used this year on Twitter, I'm going to change the name to FrightFall Read-a-Thon.  Wish I would have thought of it for this one.  Oh well, it will keep until next year!

***If you completed a wrap-up post and would like to share, please post the link to your post in the comments.  I will stop by and visit!***

So, what did I get read this time?

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (this was a finish up--387 pages)
Invisible Sun by S.J. Davis (142 pages)
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan (60 pages)
Total pages read during read-a-thon:  589

Total books read during read-a-thon:  2.25 (really 1.75...since I finished Name of the Wind, but it's a really long book!)


FINAL WINNERS

Day 7 Particpant winners:
Ashley @ The Bookish Brunette
Melissa @ Must Read Faster
Lit Addicted Brit

Mini-Challenge #3
Melissa @ Must Read Faster
Moirae (the fates) Book Reviews
Sherri @ Urban Girl Reader

Trivia Mini-Challenge 
Tobe @ Wading Through the Ocean of Life
Tiffany @ Tiffany A. Higgins Book Reviews and News

Congratulations to you all! Please head over to the PRIZE PAGE and choose your prize.  Remember, prize choice is on a first come basis so depending on who gets back to me first, the prize you choose may not be available.  However, there are just enough prizes to go around to all winners.  Please email me your selection at TRUEBOOKADDICTatGMAILdotCOM.

A THANK YOU!

I would like to thank the following authors for their generosity in donating prizes for the read-a-thon.  Without them, this read-a-thon would not have been so successful.  You all rock!!!

Rob Blackwell
Pamela Kinney
S.J. Davis
Axel Howerton
Kathleen S. Allen
Karen Essex
Brenda Wallace
J.L. Murphey
Morgan Kearns

And a thank you to all the bloggers who hosted mini-challenges/giveaways.  You were such a help to me and I appreciate you more than you know!

Melissa @ Must Read Faster
Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

Sherri @ Urban Girl Reader
Julie @ My Book Retreat 
Back of the Book Reviews
SenoraG @ Telly Says 
Kai @ Fiction State of Mind
Midnyte Reader

Also, a thank you to all participants.  Without you, there wouldn't be a read-a-thon so thank you for signing up and reading with me! Stay tuned for my winter read-a-thon in January and, if you're a fan of Christmas, I will once again be hosting my annual Christmas Reading Challenge via my Christmas blog, The Christmas Spirit.  It will run from the week of Thanksgiving throught Epiphany/Twelfth Night.  Details and sign-ups will be coming soon.  Until then, I'll be seeing you around the myriad read-a-thons going on around the blogosphere because I, for one, cannot resist a read-a-thon!


Photobucket

12 comments:

Thanks for visiting our little corner of the horror universe. Your comments are appreciated.
Please note: Your comment will appear after site owner approval.

  1. I posted a follow up

    http://www.lisasworldofbooks.net/posts/frightful-fall-read-a-thon-wrap-up/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for hosting - it was really fun! Here's my wrap-up post:

    http://sophiasbookblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/frightful-fall-read-thon-wrap-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is my final post, which includes the review of the book I read during the read-a-thon. Please feel free to stop by and check it out. :)

    http://tiffany-a-higgins-book-reviews-news.blogspot.com/

    Thank you Michelle for hosting The Frightfall Read-a-thon! I look forward to the next one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grrrr..it didn't post right. Here is the actual post:

    http://tiffany-a-higgins-book-reviews-news.blogspot.com/2011/10/day-7-frightful-fall-read-thon.html

    Sorry about that. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting. It was a lot of fun!

    I posted a finish line post:

    http://www.startingthenextchapter.com/2011/10/frightful-fall-read-thon-finish-line.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Posted my wrap up last night. Finished 10 books.

    http://bookslikebreathing.blogspot.com/2011/10/frightful-fall-read-thon-final-totals.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was definitely one of the best read-a-thons I joined this year. Can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was only able to read 1 1/2 books, I wanted to read 5 or so, but my week got really busy. *sigh* It was still fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This WAS fun! I love some skeery books, and now I'm in the mood to read them all through the month (darn those review books staring at me that aren't scary!), so I think I'll just go back and forth! My wrapup post is here: http://www.knittingandsundries.com/2011/10/frightful-fall-readathon-wrapup.html

    I'll be announcing my winners sometime tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Michelle, for a fun readathon!

    My wrap up is here: http://www.psychoticstate.net/2011/10/frightful-fall-readathon-wrap-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I finally had time to do the wrap-up post. Thank you, Michelle, for hosting! It was a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really late with my wrap-up post, but here it is: http://my-book-obsession.blogspot.com/2011/10/frightful-fall-read-thon-wrap-up-post.html Thanks for hosting the read-a-thon!!!

    ReplyDelete
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf