Monday, October 24, 2011

Announcing...Stephen King's Bag of Bones Read-a-Long


One of my favorite Stephen King books, Bag of Bones, has been made into a television mini-series, set to air on December 11 and 12 on A&E (in the U.S.).  In honor of this momentous event, I have decided to host a read-a-long!

Here's how it will work:

Each week we will read approximately 125 pages (give or take), beginning on Sunday and posting thoughts/discussion on Saturday.  Now, I know weekends are busy so if you're a couple of days late posting, that's absolutely no problem (if you don't have a blog, feel free to post your thoughts in the comments).  Please stop by and leave the link to your post in the comments.  Also, feel free to comment on my post.  I have been known to run behind on read-a-longs so don't worry about being dropped from the list.  I understand that life gets in the way.  Incidentally, since I am hosting, I will make my best effort to NOT fall behind.  Any questions, leave me a comment or email me at truebookaddictATgmailDOTcom.

Here is the schedule:

  • November 13-19--Chapter 1 - 9
  • November 20-26--Chapter 10 - 15
  • November 27-December 3--Chapter 16 - 21
  • December 4-10--Chapter 22 - End
If you would like to sign-up, please leave a comment with your blog link.  Now grab a button and spread the word! Hope you will be joining me. =O)





Photobucket

20 comments:

Are you scared? Tell me how much. But seriously, thank you for commenting. It means so much.

Please do not be offended, but this is an award free blog. Your kind visits and comments are award enough for me. Thanks!

  1. Oh! Great!! I did not read anything by Stephen King yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle we have been talking about this event for weeks and NOW you ask me if i want to join??

    Well.... let me think about it... umm big time YES!

    I am so looking forward to this! =) Will add a button in the side bar now =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heck, yeah, I'll do this one, Michelle. Great book choice for my first ever read-a-long! Happy reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read this one before, I'll try to participate in this readalong. I did hear this was being made into a mini series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband "organized" my book shelves for me, so I am gonna have to go hunting, but count me in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I'll join in on this one, Michelle. I would love to say it's because I'm busy with the sale of my house, but really it's because Stephen King novels give me nightmares for months :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool blog Michelle. Sorry but this time of year is too hectic for me--enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in! I haven't read anything by Stephen King before.

    I posted about how excited I am :)
    http://rachelsodyssey.blogspot.com/2011/10/stephen-kings-bag-of-bones-read-long.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love King and I haven't read this one yet, so count me in! :]
    http://leighanneslit.blogspot.com
    I don't have time to do a post about it right now, but I will when I get off work tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course I'll join!! http://moiraethefatesbookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/10/bag-of-bones-read-long.html

    I don't have cable, so I have to wait for the DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh you would be my hero! Thank you so much! I do have a VCR, it's old but it plays movies for my nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Believe it or not, I don't think I've EVER read this one (or it was so long ago that I don't remember it!). I DO, however, have it in my TBR piles, so I will be participating! I'll put the info in my Thursday This and That post as well!

    http://www.knittingandsundries.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will be able to join; maybe a bit behind due to the fact that I have a bunch of 2-weeker loaners coming in from the library (will be holding off on getting them for about a week) and have to read Crime and Punishment for book club (which is punishment enough at about 600 pages!). Here is my opening post: http://jaynesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/10/bag-of-bones-read-long.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I may be joining in, but I'll let you know more definitely a bit later in the week...I have to check the schedule of stuff again

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to say that with the IT read-a-long and my full schedule this month, I won't be able to swing this read-a-long too. Bummer since I haven't read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm in! It's also going up in my This and That post today! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm definitely on board! I love the book but it's been a while since I read it so it'll be a great refresher before the mini-series.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay -I'm in http://bookscraftsprettythings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sadly, I am going to have to drop out of this read-a-long. :( Tomorrow marks the end of the first week, and I have not even managed to finish the first page. When I signed up, I had forgotten about NaNoWriMo. Then, I insanely thought that I could still do both. This is apparently not the case. Thank you Michelle for thinking of me and extending the invitation. Happy reading to everyone still going. :)

    ReplyDelete
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf