Tuesday, October 4, 2022

I Read Horror Year-Round Reading Challenge 2022 - Third Quarter Check-in


Three quarters have flown by! I apologize for not having an update at the end of the second quarter. I was going on vacation in early July so I was working, and getting prepared for the trip. Completely slipped my mind!

I'm not doing too bad. My progress is below. Still not sure if I'm going to make it or not. Fingers crossed!


What I've read so far: 

Book by a BIPOC (female): Certain Dark Things by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
Book by a BIPOC (male): The Devil in Silver by Victor LaValle (currently reading)
Purple, orange, or green on the cover: The Burning Girls by C.J. Tudor
Vampires: Impact Winter by Travis Beacham
Folk Horror: Winterset Hollow by Jonathan Edward Durham
A modern Gothic tale: The Only Good Indians by Stephen Graham Jones
Gothic horror classic: Gormenghast by Mervyn Peake (currently reading)

So, how's it going for you with the horror reading? Share your progress in the comments (update, links to posts/reviews, etc.).

photo Cat.gif

Follow on Bloglovin

Get new posts by email:

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting our little corner of the horror universe. Your comments are appreciated.
Please note: Your comment will appear after site owner approval.

  1. I'm not doing badly, either, but not doing great, either. For som reason, I haven't read as much horror this year. Anyway, here's my list so far.

    Folk Horror
    1. The Man in the Moss by Phil Rickman
    2. The Cold Calling by Phi Rickman
    3. The Visitant by Kathleen O'Neal Gear, W. Michael Gear

    A Gothic horror classic (published 50 or more years ago, published no later than 1972)
    1. The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
    2. The Great God Pan

    A modern Gothic tale (published within 50 years ago, published 1973 or later)
    1. Wardenclyffe by F. Paul Wilson

    Purple, orange, or green on the cover
    1. The Book of Accidents by Chuck Wendig
    2. Gwendy’s Final Task (The Button Box #3) by Stephen King, Richard Chizmar

    Short story collection/Anthology
    1. Goblin by Josh Malerman

    Vampires
    1. Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
    2. ‘Salem’s Lot by Stephen King

    Witches
    1. Nightmare Country by Marlys Millhiser

    So, I've only managed to be spooky. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf