Thursday, October 2, 2014

It's the Season of the Witch...Plus, Read-a-Long Update and Announcing a New Read-a-Long!


One of my favorite times of year is here! And this is the third year of Season of the Witch here at Castle Macabre. I'm looking for contributors this month, as I've learned from my fail with Gothic September that I just don't have time to come up with all the content myself. So, if you're interested in contributing a scary book or movie review, or just want to write something about what you love during this time of the year, please email me at truebookaddict (AT) gmail (DOT) com  I would really, really, really love to have you!

Next up is an update on The House of Seven Gables read-a-long and scroll down for the exciting new read-a-long announcement!


Update on The House of Seven Gables Read-a-Long - I am so sorry that I did not stay up-to-date on the read-a-long. I had a hell of a September with work and all so barely had time to read anything. And then when I did pick up this book, I just had so much trouble getting into it. So, I'm still reading and hoping to finish by this weekend so I can post a final update. Thank you to Carol who stuck with it...and to anyone else who did.


The Vampire Armand Read-a-Long! What could be better than reading an Anne Rice novel in the Fall!? And since I have not made it through the entire Vampire Chronicles yet so I won't be reading Prince Lestat like everyone else this Fall, I thought I would live with them vicariously by progressing to the book I was at when I last visited the series. Anyone game? I'm hosting this in conjunction with my Never-Ending Anne Rice Challenge which I launched in August. You can check it out on its dedicated site here.

I've made this one a bit longer than a month in hopes that the longer time period will be easier for me to manage. Reading will follow the schedule below (subject to change)...start reading on October 10:

Read Part I: Chapters 1 - 7 
Discussion will be around Friday, October 24

Read Chapters 8 - 15
Discussion will be around Friday, November 7

Read Part II: Chapters 16 - End
Discussion will be on Friday, November 21


Who's with me?

 photo bloggersig.png

Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

Thanks for visiting our little corner of the horror universe. Your comments are appreciated.
Please note: Your comment will appear after site owner approval.

  1. Yay! Super excited for this! It's the perfect time to tackle Armand ;) Im definitely in. Any requirements? Like, do I have to post an update or sign up? Are we discussing on here or twitter?
    I'm so pumped. Putting it in my calendar now..

    -Diamond @ Dees Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dee, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I hope you see this. Your comment counts as your sign up. When I do the first update, you can either post your own or come here and share your update and we will discuss here in the comments. We might have a discussion on Twitter at the end. We will see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! I am a very fast reader, and I have already read the first chapter and a half like last year. Lol. Anyway I hope to start it next week after my huge exam! Which works great since that is one the 2th so I can start with you :)

    ReplyDelete
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf