Friday, October 4, 2019

30-Day #Horror Movie Challenge: Your favorite werewolf film...Dog Soldiers


Tagline: A Bitch of a Werewolf Movie

Synopsis: During a routine nighttime training mission in the Scottish Highlands, a small squad of British soldiers expected to rendezvous with a special ops unit instead find a bloody massacre with a sole survivor. The savage attackers of the special ops team return, and the men are rescued by Megan (Emma Cleasby), a zoologist who identifies what hunts them as werewolves. Without transport or communications, the group is forced to retreat to a farmhouse to wait for the full moon to disappear at dawn. (Google)




My favorite werewolf film....Dog Soldiers 

This came out in 2002, but I think I first watched it a few years after its release date because I watched it on the SyFy Channel (when it was still called SciFi Channel). I remember thinking it was probably going to be another bad B-Movie. I love the SyFy Channel, but they do air some pretty crap movies at times. Well, I was completely wrong about Dog Soldiers. It blew me away. Not only were the werewolves really scary, it had a compelling story line, and a killer twist at the end. This is a movie I've watched multiple times and it never gets old. It also has a pretty impressive cast list. Sean Pertwee (Alfred, Gotham), Kevin McKidd (Grey's Anatomy, Trainspotting), Liam Cunningham (Ser Davos, Game of Thrones).

If you love werewolves like I do, you will definitely like Dog Soldiers. 



What's your favorite werewolf film?

 photo Cat.gif

Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

Thanks for visiting our little corner of the horror universe. Your comments are appreciated.
Please note: Your comment will appear after site owner approval.

  1. Yes, this is definitely one of the best werewolf movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite vampire movie....I have two Byzantium and the Lost Boys. Werewolf movies would have to be Ginger Snaps, and an American Werewolf in London. So funny. I haven't seen this one but I'll put it on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, both are great. I also liked Werewolf in Paris, although many didn't, and Ginger Snaps Back: The Beginning is a personal favorite.

      Delete
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf