Friday, October 25, 2019

30-Day Horror Movie Challenge - Favorite Found Footage Film...


Tagline: New York's Scariest Haunted House Tour

Synopsis: Five years after 15 people were killed during a haunted house tour, a documentary crew visits the scene to investigate what really happened. (Google)


The category for today was supposed to be "A horror film in which you prefer the edited version over the director’s cut," but I have never really sought out the director's cut of a film so I wouldn't really have an answer for this one. So, I went with favorite found footage horror film.

I was going to choose The Blair Witch Project for this one because it is still a favorite (though I haven't watched it in years) and this year is its 20th anniversary. Wow! I can't believe it has been 20 years!


Anyway, I chose a rather obscure film, Hell House LLC. I was actually sent the director's cut (funny enough) for review by its director, Stephen Cognetti back in 2017. You can check my review out here. Not really quite so obscure any longer actually. It has an 89 percent on Rotten Tomatoes and 91 percent of Google users liked it. I've watched it twice. The second time with my son because we were getting ready to watch Hell House LLC 2: The Abaddon Hotel. It was good too. They're both pretty creepy and have some really scary parts, and are pretty well made for low budget films. There are some damn scary clowns in this (see image) so yeah, I was totally creeped out.


There is a third one, Hell House LLC III: Lake of Fire, but I have not seen it yet.

All three are available to watch on Shudder, if you have a subscription. The first one is available on tubi, a free streaming service.



What is your favorite found footage horror film?


 photo Cat.gif

Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

Thanks for visiting our little corner of the horror universe. Your comments are appreciated.
Please note: Your comment will appear after site owner approval.

  1. I've been pushing this one on every person I know who watches scary movies. They're all like, "I don't know, ANOTHER found footage/ mockumentary..." and I'm like, NO! This one is up there with the best of the best. I watched it twice last Halloween and been saving it up to watch ON Halloween this year. Right after I rewatch Trick 'r Treat for the [redacted]th time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one scared me so much. I had to share it with everyone I knew too. They also got super scared.

      Delete
  2. Great change-up for that question. And I really liked Hell House LLC too. More fun than I expected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the scariest movies I've ever seen. I had a few nightmares over a few weeks after seeing this one. I don't know why it got me so bad but it did. I cannot watch it by myself.

    Another great found footage is Lake Mungo. Not super scary but still ominous and different.

    I also watched Wake Wood last night! Totally a different twist than I was expecting! Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clowns, the dark figures, etc., etc. Way creepy!

      Lake Mungo was a good one.

      Glad you liked Wake Wood. Can't remember if it was Leah or Katherine who recommended it.

      Delete
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf