Join us--Click the ButtonUpdate #1
- # pages read: 279 (27 pages of The Gunslinger, 75 pages of The Passage, 177 pages--The Lurking Man--finished)
- # books finished: 1 (The Lurking Man by Keith Rommel)
- WTD pages: 279
- WTD books: 1
Yes, I'm hosting this read-a-thon and yes, I'm just now putting together my starting line post. It has been one of those days...again! Here's what I'm planning on reading this week and below that are my mini-challenge entries.
- The Passage by Justin Cronin (reading section for TuesBookTalk)
- The Lurking Man by Keith Rommel
- American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis (for Dueling Monsters & Banned Books Week)
- It by Stephen King
- The Drawing of the Three by Stephen King (for my EPIC Dark Tower read-a-long)
My updates will appear at the top of this post, below the read-a-thon button.
Nova at My Seryniti is hosting a little question and answer mini-challenge.You’re sitting by a campfire with some friends. The wind is blowing and the air is just getting that crisp feeling. The beach is just a few feet in front of you and you can hear the surf crashing upon the shore.
- Who would you want warming you up?! (Fictional characters please!!)
- What are you listening to? (Music or a story)
- What snacks would you have?
- We know you brought a book, which one is it!
- It’s your turn to tell a spooky story, which one is it going to be?
I was going to say Mr. Darcy, but in keeping with the theme, I'd have to say Edward Cullen (don't judge!). Music would be some White Stripes, of course. I'm thinking Seven Nation Army. Snacks would be, since it's Fall, some hot spiced cider heated over the fire and some roasted marshmallows (the only way I'll eat them) or maybe even S'mores. I brought The Witching Hour by Anne Rice (a favorite). My spooky story would be to recite the classic Edgar Allan Poe poem, Annabel Lee.
Just for Fun questions:
- Do you celebrate Halloween? But, of course! My second fave holiday (Christmas is my heart)
- What’s your fav horror story? Hell House by Richard Matheson
- Fav type of villain? (Vamp, zombie, etc) My old, immediate answer would have been vampire, but I'm pretty partial to zombies now too!
- Fav horror movie? A new favorite--Insidious
- Fav bad guy! The Vampire Lestat
- Halloween costume you plan on wearing (or would) this year. I haven't dressed up in ten years! I have no clue. Let me see...in keeping with Season of the Witch here at Castle Macabre, I think I'd be a witch.
Melissa at Must Read Faster is hosting a creepy challenge!My mission for you is to find the creepiest picture, video, or story and link it here or the link to your post if you post on your website.
Okay, this one...need I say more?