Saturday, July 6, 2024

2024 I Read Horror Year-Round Challenge - Second Quarter Check-In


How did the second quarter of the challenge go for you?

For the Chilling Level, I read one book for the word "Dark" in the cover. That was Children of the Dark by Jonathan Janz. I'm planning to knock several out during Quarter Three. My planned reads below...

Animal Kingdom by Iain Rob Wright for Nature Gone Wild
Diavola by Jennifer Marie Thorne for Gothic novel
I Found Puppets Living in my Apartment Walls by Ben Farthing for Creepy Object
Lone Women or Don't Fear the Reaper for BIPOC author

I (try to) keep track of my yearly challenges over on my sister site, True Book Addict. There's a link to my 2024 challenge page in the menu above.

Fun reminder...Something Wicked Fall starts in just two months!! Trying to decide on a read-along selection. Maybe Stephen King.... Stay tuned.

I hope you're enjoying your horrific reading! Share your progress in the comments (update, links to posts/reviews, etc.)...

photo Cat.gif

5 comments:

Thanks for visiting our little corner of the horror universe. Your comments are appreciated.
Please note: Your comment will appear after site owner approval.

  1. Not doing as well this year, but I'm going to work on it.. Here's what I have so far.

    Nature gone wild (when plants or animals attack)
    1. The Portent by Marilyn Harris

    Creepy character/object (House, doll, child, etc.)
    1. Night Songs by Charles L. Grant

    Short story anthology or collection
    1. Dread: 22 Tales of Terror by Kevin Bachar
    2. Just After Sunset by Stephen King

    A book that is also a movie
    1. NOS4A2 by Joe Hill

    By BIPOC author
    1. Certain Dark Things by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
    2. Vampires of El Norte by Isabel Cañas

    Dark Academia novel (here's a list on Goodreads)
    1. We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems to me you're doing well. I really liked Certain Dark Things. Moreno-Garcia is one of my favorites. I recommend The Daughter of Doctor Moreau, if you haven't read it already.

      Delete
    2. No, I haven't, though I have the book. Will definitely get to it, though.

      Delete
  2. Still only 2 categories down:Winter theme, or winter on cover
    Dead of Winter by Darcy Coates
    A book that is also a movie
    The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay (Movie title-Knock at the Cabin)
    But I've got a few chosen and holds coming in soon for others! Next check-in will be better! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got this! I still have not read The Cabin at the End of the World. I've heard good things about Darcy Coates.

      Delete
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf