Tuesday, April 6, 2021

I Read Horror Year-Round Reading Challenge - First Quarter Check-in #IReadHorror


Can't believe it has been three months already! 

I've managed to check two off my list of 12 books. I'm doing the Chilling level. (Full challenge details here...you can still sign up.)

What I've read so far:

Winter theme, or winter appearance on the cover (snow, ice, etc.)
The Ascent by Ronald Malfi (short review on Goodreads)

Written by a woman
The Witch's Trinity by Erika Mailman (Review)

I'm currently reading these books for the listed categories:

Historical horror (must be an historical novel written by a contemporary author)
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

A body of water (featured in story, on cover, or in title)
Cradle Lake by Ronald Malfi

Hoping to get to Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia this month as well (Woman on cover category) since it is my Spring into Horror Readathon this month. 

So, how's it going for you with the horror reading? Share your progress in the comments (update, links to posts/reviews, etc.). 


photo Cat.gif

Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

Thanks for visiting our little corner of the horror universe. Your comments are appreciated.
Please note: Your comment will appear after site owner approval.

  1. Only one down for me: The Ghost Pirates by William Hope Hodgson for horror on the water.

    Working on: The Phantom of the Opera for monster(?) and Books of Blood by Clive Barker for best-selling horror author.

    Hoping to get to: The Ceremonies by T.E.D. Klein for folk horror.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had high hope for The terror and then I started reading and not sure he's my author. I think I'll stick with the tv series. So my goal is to pick the winter picture cover back up when winter hits again later this year.

    I read the Sun Down MOtel for the spirits and ghost prompt. HIde and seeker for the monster prompt. The Twisted Ones for the folk horror prompt.

    This month I'm hoping for The Luminous Dead for the scary cover prompt and The Deep for the body of water prompt!

    It's been fun fun so far! Love all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just joined the challenge, but because I really do read horror year round I already have three to check off.

    *Winter Theme, or winter appearance on the cover (snow, ice, etc.) - Ararat by Christopher Golden

    *Monster or Monsters - Snowblind by Christopher Golden

    *Written by a best-selling horror author - If It Bleeds by Stephen King

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just one so far for me! And now I'm a bit miffed because I could've sworn I made a post in my personal challenge GR group and I cannot find it. Ugh. But it was psychological: The Shadows by Alex North. And I will be reading The Taking of Jake Livingston this month for ghosts or spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adding my fourth book:

    *Ghosts or spirits - The Family Plot by Cherie Priest

    My review: https://gilda-elise.livejournal.com/223860.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found this nifty article. Some adaptations I didn't know about!
    https://bookriot.com/horror-adaptations/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Today%20in%20Books&utm_content=B&utm_term=BookRiot_TodayInBooks_DormantSuppress

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there going to be a second quarter check-in?

    ReplyDelete
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf