Monday, August 29, 2016

Gothic September/Season of the Witch - Read-Along Info/Schedules #MissPeregrines #Poe #Lovecraft


Gothic September is just around the corner! Can't wait to get started reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. Below is the reading and discussion schedule. On discussion days, I will do a general post of my thoughts and you can post yours in the comments, or on your blog and post the link in the comments, or you can do both. It's all casual.

Here's the schedule...

September 1st - Start Reading - through the end of Chapter 4 (page 103)
September 9th - stop by here for a discussion over the first section
September 9th - start reading section 2 - Chapter 5 through the end of Chapter 7 (page 206)
September 16th - section 2 discussion
September 16th - start reading section 3 - Chapter 8 through the end of Chapter 9 (page 268)
September 23 - section 3 discussion
September 23 - start reading section 4 - Chapter 10 through end of book (page 382)
September 30 - final discussion (section 4/book as a whole)

Note: My edition of the book - trade paperback, 382 pages
This post will be linked to the event button in the sidebar.

In addtion to the read-along, I'm hoping to share a little bit of Gothic all month so if you happen to be reading other Gothic literature (or poems) and would like to do a guest review, or write a guest post, let me know. Would love to have you!


Season of the Witch is going on here in October for the scariest month of the year. I'll be hosting read-alongs of Edgar Allan Poe and H.P. Lovecraft stories each week.

Here's what we're reading:

Week One - The Mask of the Red Death, Poe - Discussion on October 7/8
Week Two - The Dunwich Horror, Lovecraft - Discussion on October  14/15
Week Three - The Pit and the Pendulum, Poe - Discussion on October 21/22
Week Four - The Dreams in the Witch-House, Lovecraft - Discussion on October 28/29

Note: I will post a reminder closer to October and share the schedule again.

I'm hoping to share the scary all month long so I'm looking for guest reviews on scary reads, and/or guest posts on favorite spooky topics. Get in touch!

It's going to be a frightfully awesome Autumn! Don't forget, the FrightFall Read-a-Thon will be going on the first week in October over at Seasons of Reading.


 photo Cat.gif

Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

Thanks for visiting our little corner of the horror universe. Your comments are appreciated.
Please note: Your comment will appear after site owner approval.

  1. I'm going to join you in the read-a-long, Michelle! I have had this audiobook sitting on my iPod forever. I did request the book at the library, but there are 29 holds! I'll be listening to the audiobook so won't be able to stick to the page numbers, but hopefully I can contribute to the discussion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to a frightful fall. I will be using the Kindle version so will try to stick as close as possible to the page numbers������
    Will also follow on Facebook.
    Carol Smith
    penelope223@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a few days late for the read-along but I would be interested in participating. I've had Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children on my tbr for a while and wouldn't mind reading it before the movie comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to participate in Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be interesting to join you in reading those short stories, though I'm not sure I have access to the H.P. Lovecraft ones. I'll have to check what I have. What kind of book are you looking for a guest review on? I was planning on reading The Fifth Child, by Doris Lessing which is supposed to be a literary Rosemary's Baby. If you're interested in me doing a guest post, let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I would love for you to guest. I need to check to see if I have that book by Lessing. I have a bunch of her books. I didn't know it was supposed to be a literary Rosemary's Baby. Sounds interesting. You can email me at truebookaddict AT gmail DOT com to discuss a guest spot. Hope to hear from you. :-)

      Delete
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf